Speech Language Literacy Lab is thrilled to share one of our favorite new resources with readers today: Lesson Pix.
Lesson Pix allows therapists to make customized picture materials in minutes in three easy steps:
With a huge selection of high quality artwork to choose from, therapists can choose pictures from the library (or upload your own) to create:
- Visuals & Classroom Activities
- Symbol Cards for Communication
- Custom Games like Bingo
- AAC Templates & Overlays
- and Much More!
For us, Lesson Pix is a therapy life saver! Users can also search the data base of shared resources created by other SLPs ready to use.
In celebration of ASHA's Better Hearing and Speech Month & our blog hop, Lesson Pix & Speech Language Literacy Lab teamed up to make a free resource to share with everyone!
At SL3, we are often asked how to progress monitor students after using our research-based RTI 3x a year language benchmark, the Kindergarten Language Benchmark Assessment. It's easy! The KLBA is based on therapy goals that many therapists already target: auditory comprehension, following directions, categories, and narrative language.
To improve receptive and expressive categorization, one subtest of the KLBA, we created a category domino game freebie on Lesson Pix for our readers.
Some ideas how to use the SL3 Category Game resource:
1. Cut apart all the pictures and have children sort the items by category (food, animal, school supply). Then, re-sort the items by color.
2. Provide students one domino at a time and ask children to provide a rationale why the two are similar (or not).
3. Play Dominos. Students have to connect pictures and describe how the connections are the same.
We love that the possibilities for Lesson Pix are endless!
Happy Better Hearing and Speech Month. Happy creating!